Duties and Responsibilities:
The primary responsibilities of the INFORMATION SYSTEMS SECURITY ENGINEER (ISSE) are to utilize existing cybersecurity tools to perform the monitoring, analysis, correlation and reporting of cybersecurity issues and incidents. Other responsibilities are to provide guidance and recommendations for new tools based on changes in threats, architecture, technological advances, or organization mission; implementation of new tools and modifications to architecture; updates, maintenance, and monitoring of cyber security tools; analyze changes, events, and other potential incidents for risk to the environment; event analysis, incident determination, and incident management. In addition to the cybersecurity components of this position, the candidate will also be expected to support the RSA Archer Governance Risk & Compliance (GRC) environment. This position reports directly to leadership; must have strong verbal and written communication skills for presentations related to activities.
• A bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university emphasizing information systems management and/or security arena. Specific experience in technical security may be substituted for education requirements.
• Demonstrate specialized experience (minimum of 3 years) applying the principles, practices, and techniques used by information systems security personnel. Demonstrated capability to identify security risks throughout information system network structures to include the Operating Systems, hardware, and various data transfer protocols.
• Experience with Security Incident and Event Management tools, Log Management and Correlation tools, and Antivirus/anti-malware tools.
• Must have a strong working knowledge of the TCP/IP protocol, network traffic analysis, firewall functionality, log analysis, and be able to troubleshoot in all areas. Must also understand and be able to utilize various Linux and Windows-based Operating Systems in an IDS/IPS architecture. This will include sensor and management systems operating on either platform, scripting environments for each, backups of IDS/IPS data, updates, testing, and data analysis.
• Experience with Archer solutions development (screen design, data fields, calculations, workflows and integrations)
• Risk Management & Compliance knowledge and understanding of Governance Risk & Compliance (GRC)
• Assist in the design and development of management reporting available through the eGRC system including dashboards
• Familiarity with supporting the implementation of IT controls & GRC tools
• Knowledge of GRC configuration/workflow activities
• Effective communication and presentation skills (i.e., ability to present ideas effectively in formal and informal situations in group and individual settings).
• Strong planning, organizational, and time management skills (i.e., ability to effectively plan, organize, and prioritize work, and to control and follow up to assure work completion).
• Demonstrated initiative (i.e. initiate appropriate action without being directed) and ability to work independently.
• Strong interpersonal skills (e.g., ability to work effectively on teams, communicate effectively, teach/motivate/counsel students, work/interact effectively and amicably with people from diverse backgrounds and cultures and with diverse personal attributes).
• Must have and maintain a DoE Q clearance.
• Experience with forensics a plus
Experience with implementing, monitoring and maintaining the following technologies is preferred:
• RSA Archer eGRC
• Windows Server Operating Systems
• Tennable SecurityCenter
• Red Hat Enterprise Linux
• SourceFire IPS
• HP WebInspect